Progression to a leadership position brings a wealth of unique challenges – and ASK coaches work with newly appointed leaders to support them in:
- Prioritising and accelerating their learning – and unlearning
- Clarify personal strategy and its alignment to new demands
- Build the working relationships and coalitions that will drive success
- Identifying their personal impact and changes in actions and behaviours that may be required
- Maintain work-life balance to optimise effectiveness and energy
Even reading that list can be daunting if you’re preparing to step up to a leadership role – and we are very aware that the first ninety days are critical to the success of both the individual and the organisation when a leadership position is filled.
There can be a lot of pressure on the newly appointed leader to demonstrate early achievements, to display their strengths and to outshine the predecessor – with, simultaneously, an air of ‘how things have been done’ and pressure not to rock the boat, or the shadow of the previous leadership team cast over every decision.
Our transition coaching programme means that our experienced, expert coaches will work alongside newly appointed leaders, supporting their development and acting as a sounding board to build confidence and ability in the role. New leaders need to display their strengths, not least in building social capital and credibility, but are under a spotlight which can highlight potential weaknesses at a vulnerable time – and the support of our coaches means that leaders are never left alone during this daunting process, and can showcase the strengths and knowledge that earned them the role.